A few weeks ago, I hosted my first baby shower for my big sister! It was such a success (despite my nerves and over analyzing). We went for a Nursery Rhyme and color scheme theme and the guests really enjoyed it. The food, games, prizes and overall atmosphere was fun and filled with lots of love & laughs!
I didn't get as many pictures as I intended, but I have a few ideas with pictures below for those who need ideas for a nursery rhyme baby shower. In my searching for ideas, I did not find a lot, so hopefully some ideas will influence you to create your own or use some that are floating around on the internet on other blogs.
Disclaimer: Since I'm a Virgo, I have a tendency to over analyze and thoroughly explain everything, just to make sure I cover all points and leave nothing out (a gift and a curse I suppose). With that being said, some of the photos I took were taken before guests started to arrive, so it the shower setup may seem incomplete, but you'll get the idea.
I decided to focus on the "Hey Diddle, Diddle" nursery rhyme, sort of, since it was used for the invitations, although the theme was based on any rhyme for decorations. Tissue pom poms: I made myself (fairly simple, check out Youtube for a tutorial). A few of them I placed in the dining room and along the banister of the stairs. Mom-to-be chair: not my best work, pressed for time so I skipped the streamers and threw some girly tissue poms on it. Fireplace: I got the foam stars and created a moon from the craft store. Books: to keep the shower cost effective, I got nursery rhyme books from the library to display throughout the room for decorations. Framed pictures: I used printables of nursery rhymes, colored and framed them (dollar frames). I also picked up some used stuffed animals from a thrift store ( cow, cat, dog, sheep, pig etc) to bring the nursery rhyme theme to life.
A fun icebreaker I created simply by using Microsoft Word. Added a border, cut & paste some images and printed off in 4x6 to save some paper. Got a pack of pens as well for all the guests. I used cardboard (painted black) to use as a clipboard. I was over thinking everything!
A semi ready display for the buffet table
I got this idea from another blog, where you could easily connect some of your food choices with a Nursery Rhyme (Humpty Dumpty = deviled eggs) to keep everything theme-related. I used some colored & patterned scrapbook paper from the craft store and printer paper to print on for the food labels. Much cheaper than card stock. (Deviled eggs were missing paprika in this pic, but were to die for!)
Instead of having actual peppers to eat alone, we used dill pickles for "Peter Piper picked a pepper blah blah blah" lol
My mom was the chef of this wonderful buffet and just to show, not every food item went along with the theme, such as these delicious pinwheel wraps. The cake definitely tied in with the color theme and nursery rhyme theme a little.
| Unfortunately, the bakery we used didn't have the skills or edible characters to create from the rhyme, "Hey Diddle, Diddle"...le sigh....still looks great though! :) |
The "Pat-A-Cake Cupcakes" were completely devoured by guests. The flavors were strawberry, red velvet (first ones gone), chocolate, and vanilla. Variety is always a great way to go for desserts!
The party favors were a bit last minute, but convenient. I had other plans but I ended up picking these swirled blue and white lollipops up from Party City and tied some inexpensive ribbon on the sticks, with "baby boy" printed on them. Presented on the cake pop stand that I had from a previous event.
| I used this table to collect the shower gifts as well as the game prizes....until it got swarmed with gifts! |
*Mom-To-Be looking oh so fabulous!* |
My assistant for the shower. She was great with helping me from decorating to distributing game prizes, a huge help for the day! Thanks a lot Nikki |
GlamMom & Mom-to-be! |
No comments:
Post a Comment